[scilab-Users] makelib / systematic dll and linking problem when installing toolboxes

Luke MacAleese macaleese at amolf.nl
Wed Apr 7 11:29:59 CEST 2010

Thanks Samuel,
you're right: I forgot to mention that I use windowsXP
> Only IPD binaries >=3.0 can be used on windows with Scilab >= 5.2.
since I tried to install version5.0, this can't be the problem
> SIP binaries can be used on Windows with Scilab <= 4.2.1
> SIVP can be used on windows with Scilab <= 5.1.0, but 5.0 and 5.1
> SCilab releases
> were quite bad. To install IPD, the easiest way is to use ATOMS, since
> IPD is distributed
> on ATOMS. Just clik on the box icone on the console toolbar. It can be
> quite long (>1mn)
> before the ATOMS interface appears, but then the installation will be
> straightforward.
so if I follow you, I should either install scilab-4.2.1 and use sip, or
install ipd on scilab-5.2. That's okay with me...
but when I tried to use ATOMS - which I actually had already tried -
then I get a window "Atoms error" with the message "installation failed!"

so I'm still not sure what I do wrong...
but thanks anyway!
Luke