AW: [scilab-Users] makelib / systematic dll and linking problem when installing toolboxes

Harald Galda, Dr. Eng. (J) haraldgalda at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 7 12:01:06 CEST 2010

Hello Luke,

I am the author of IPD. I suggest that you download the file

    IPD-5-0-Windows.zip

from

   atoms.scilab.org/toolboxes/IPD/5.0

and extract it to the directory

   C:\Program Files\scilab-5.2.1\contrib\

Then there should be the directory

   C:\Program Files\scilab-5.2.1\contrib\IPD-5.0\

and you can load the toolbox after re-launching Scilab.

You can execute the command

   atomsInstall(['IPD' '5.0'])

on the Scilab command line instead. This still downloads and extracts IPD-5-0-Windows.zip, but the directory structure might be

   C:\Program Files\scilab-5.2.1\contrib\IPD\5.0\

then. If this happens, move the directory

   C:\Program Files\scilab-5.2.1\contrib\IPD\5.0\

   C:\Program Files\scilab-5.2.1\contrib\

and rename it to IPD-5.0. Then there will be the directory

   C:\Program Files\scilab-5.2.1\contrib\IPD-5.0\

You can choose another name for the directory. However, the online help examples assume that there is the directory

   contrib\IPD-5.0\demos\

Both ATOMS GUI and atomsInstall download and extract the ZIP file, but do not create the directory structure necessary for loading the toolbox. I do not know why.

Best regards
Harald