AW: [scilab-Users] makelib / systematic dll and linking problem when installing toolboxes

Luke MacAleese macaleese at amolf.nl
Wed Apr 7 15:52:30 CEST 2010

Dear Harald and Samuel, thanks for your messages

first remark: it is not ATOMS that is intrinsically not working on my
machine: I could load successfully (randomly picked) plotlib, sndfile
and metanet toolboxes, but not IPD

then, Harlan, I followed your advice and tried both ways:
(1)through ATOMS:
-->atomsInstall(['IPD' '5.0'])
atomsDownload: The downloaded file doesn't check the MD5SUM:
      - file            :
'C:\PROGRA~1\SCILAB~1.1\contrib\IPD\IPD-Windows-5.0.zip'
      - MD5SUM expected : '69ea6daa7627ee7e1a7e553262f8d48e'
      - MD5SUM watched  : '481f7f9bf133b9937bfa30ce155fd861'
  !--error 10000

at line     234 of function atomsDownload called by :
at line     282 of function atomsInstall called by :
atomsInstall(['IPD' '5.0'])

the zip file and extracted it to contrib\:
Startup execution:

  IPD - Image Processing Design Toolbox 5.0
link: The file cxcore200.dll does not exist.

  Error occured when trying to load a library required by this toolbox.

----
bizarre?

by the way, the reference to cxcore200.dll brings me back to my initial
assumption of a problem while building libraries :(
cheers
Luke