Help with function init_func_default - genetic algorithms

Marcelo Menezes Reis marcelo at inf.ufsc.br
Wed Aug 4 21:43:29 CEST 2010

Greetings

I have been trying to develop a genetic algorithm in Scilab. I intend to
use binary coding. But, I am experiencing some problems with function
init_func_default. In help file I found:

      Calling Sequence

    Pop_init = init_func_default(popsize,param)

      Parameters

    * popsize : the number of individuals to generate.
    * param : a list of parameters. - 'dimension': the size of the
      vector X. - 'minbound': a vector of minimum bounds for the
      variable X. - 'maxbound': a vector of maximum bounds for the
      variable X.
    * Pop_init : a list which contains the initial population of
      individuals.

I don´t know how to put in  "param"  the list  dimension, minbound and
maxbound.  Can you help me with  that?

--
Marcelo Menezes Reis, Dr.Eng.
Professor Adjunto - Adjunct Professor