Res: [scilab-Users] Parallel computation - grid creation

Pedro Ledoux p_ledoux at yahoo.com.br
Thu Dec 9 13:42:50 CET 2010

Hello. About paralelization why use a interpreted language like Scilab? Are
there some advantages? To numerical optimized algorithms I prefer use a compiled
language one, to numerical application my favourite is Fortran. For such
applications a compiled code run much more faster than an interpreted one like
Matlab and Scilab. If you want to run this aplication paralely probably it is
too optimised and full of iterations.

In a algorithm to the method FDTD to eletromagnetism use an interpreted language
is inviable if you want more than dozens of thousands of  iterations. Codes
written in Fortran are easy to paralelise using an API called OpenMP.