[scilab-Users] Plot function fails to plot and closes (exits) scilab

Prof. Dr. Reinaldo Golmia Dante tiraduvidascefet at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 27 19:20:39 CET 2010

Hi Kapriel,

I have Win7 home premium 64 bits and I installed scilab 5.3.0 for 32 bits
(recommended). My graphs work well.

Test this function on your Scilab console:

function f=senoideamortecida(x) f = sin(x).*exp(-x)   // It is necessary to use
.* when the variable is a matrix endfunction  xdata = linspace ( 0 , 4*%pi,
100); ydata = senoideamortecida ( xdata ); plot ( xdata , ydata );
I hope it appears a graph in the Scilab graph window.

Good luck.

All best,
Reinaldo.