load() error 246 and lincos() error 10000

Dan Cole wp at dan-cole.com
Fri Feb 5 02:43:30 CET 2010

I'm using Scilab 5.2.0 under Fedora 12 Linux.

When I do: load('test.xcos');, I get error 246: Function not defined for
given argument type.
When I do the command again however, I get the warning: file 'text.xcos'
already opened in Scilab, along with the previous error, 246.

When I try to use the function lincos() on this file, I get error 10000:
Can't convert old diagram (problem in version) at line 69 of function
lincos. However, the diagram was created in xcos from Scilab 5.2.0, not in
an older version.

How can I over come these problems? I wouldn't think I'd be the first to
encounter these problems, but I haven't been able to find anything online
relating to this.

If this is not a problem with the software, can you give me a test case with
instruction on how to properly create a diagram in xocs, then load and run
it in Scilab. I've gotten this same concept to work in Scilab 4, however I
would like to start doing this in Scilab 5.

Thanks,
Dan