Interpreting profiler results

Mike Page Mike at Page-One.Waitrose.com
Mon Feb 15 17:50:35 CET 2010

Hi,

Does anyone know how to interpret the output of the profiler?  The nth row,
second column of the profile output is the time (in seconds I guess) taken
to execute the nth statement in the function.  if I add up all the time
given, it is only a small fraction of the time the function actually takes.
For example, I have a function that takes about 15 seconds to run.  The
profiler output totals to only 0.015 seconds.

I know that small times are rounded down to zero.  In my case, it looks like
0.000016 seconds is the smallest unit of time.  But this rounding error
cannot account for missing 99.9% of the execution time.  Do I have to
multiply the times shown by 1000 to get the correct answer?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike.