[scilab-Users] fminsearchbnd

Michaël Baudin michael.baudin at scilab.org
Wed Feb 17 15:16:03 CET 2010

Dear Carlos,

You will find in attachement a demo of neldermead with a simple
bound-constrained problem. It minimizes x(1)^2+x(2)^2
in the bounds [1 2]x[1 2] and find the minimum at (1,1).
Notice that the simplex goes toward the minimum bound,
degenerates, then performs a 1 dimensionnal optimization
on the min x bound.
There is a lot of blabla in the script, but it remains simple.

Best regards,

Michaël

--
Michaël Baudin
Ingénieur de développement
michael.baudin at scilab.org
Consortium Scilab - Digiteo
Domaine de Voluceau - Rocquencourt
B.P. 105 - 78153 Le Chesnay Cedex
Tel. : 01 39 63 56 87 - Fax : 01 39 63 55 94