Subplot Limitations

Petar Knezevich petar.knezevich at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 10:34:12 CEST 2010

Hello,

I am using subplot to stack multiple time series to allow comparison with
the different y-axis scales on the same x-axis, time, scale.  I find if I
use more than 2 rows, subplot(3,1,x), then the title at the top plot and the
xlabel data on the bottom plot is pushed off the screen.  I need to enlarge
the figure window to be able to read them.

I am using scilab 5.2.2 on Windows XP Professional 2002 on Dell Latitude
D630. Screen is configured to it's maximum size of 1280 x 800 pixels.  When
I have an external monitor attached (1280 x 1024) the bottom x-axis label is
visible when the graphic window is maximized.

Is there an instruction manual or a tutorial for plotting and subplotting
that could save me some time figuring out plotting options?

I attached the script and data files I am using along with screen captures
at various window sizes.

Regards,
Petar Knezevich