[scilab-Users] SOS: Version with Xcos usable for academic teaching??

Nick Rudnick joerg.rudnick at t-online.de
Thu Jun 17 21:20:15 CEST 2010

Dear all,

some days ago I posted an -- unfortunately unanswered -- request for
access to a version of 5.2.2 usable for academic teaching.

We tried out the »official« release and, unfortunately, where unable to
save Xcos models with sum blocks -- on five different systems, including
several Windowses and Linux.

The bug seems to be identical to one reported very recently (Thomas
Yamaguchi, 2010-6-7 22:28) about the same problem with prod blocks --
which reportedly was solved at the then-actual nightly build.

Unfortunately, the nightly build *I downloaded* did not even allow
dragging blocks out of the palette browser.

My question: Can anybody give a comment right to

o   confirm our observations or not,

o   provide a link to the nightly build version which helped the guy
with the prod block problem -- or an equivalent one?

Although the only answer we got right now was somebody advising us to
switch to scicos we still cannot believe Scilab 5.2.2 has been *all the
time until now* in a state as unstable as we found it -- we are
desperately looking for a solution.

*Please* answer and do not keep silent...

Thank you a lot in advance,

    Nick