licence

Paolo paolobe at me.com
Tue Mar 9 23:03:56 CET 2010

Good morning,
I am an engineer that want develop a software with scilab.
I have a question about the licence limitation.
In the free software founfation's web site I have found this:
"This is not a free software license because it does not allow
commercial distribution of a modified version. Thankfully, recent
versions of the Scilab software are free software, released under CeCILL
version 2."
I have red the licence and the story is that for commercial distrubution
I have need your permission.
Than the question is: What is the way to have this permission? and what
are the limitation about it?

Thanks for all.

Ing. Paolo Bertolli