[scilab-Users] licence

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Tue Mar 9 23:08:51 CET 2010

Hello Paolo,

Le mardi 09 mars 2010 à 23:03 +0100, Paolo a écrit :
> Good morning,
> I am an engineer that want develop a software with scilab.
> I have a question about the licence limitation.
> In the free software founfation's web site I have found this:
> "This is not a free software license because it does not allow
> commercial distribution of a modified version. Thankfully, recent
> versions of the Scilab software are free software, released under CeCILL
> version 2."
> I have red the licence and the story is that for commercial distrubution
> I have need your permission.
> Than the question is: What is the way to have this permission? and what
> are the limitation about it?
The FSF website is talking about the "Scilab License". Before the family
5, Scilab was released under this license. This is a deprecated license
(we are no longer using it). We changed the license of Scilab to the
CeCILL license which is compatible with the GPL license.
Restrictions are the same.

Sylvestre

--
Sylvestre Ledru