Help with link to a fortran code

Alexandre K. Tashima aktashima at unifesp.br
Sun Mar 14 02:53:53 CET 2010

Hi,

My name is Alexandre K. Tashima from Brazil and I'm getting started with
Scilab. It is marvelous and I have already made some codes and graphics to
my students. Now I tried to solve a cubic equation of state to describe a
phase equilibium problem, but the 'fsolve' function does not seem to
converge. So I tried to use a fortran script to solve my numerical problem,
but the 'link' function is not working. I tried in the Scilab 5.2.1 for
windows and ubuntu, but both show the same error message:

-->link('muller.o','muller')
O link falhou para a biblioteca dinâmica 'muller.o'.
Um erro ocorreu: muller.o: Não é possivel abrir arquivo de objetos
compartilhado: Arquivo ou diretório não encontrado
                          !--error 236
link: O arquivo compartilhado não foi carregado: (null)

It says: "It is not possible to open shared files: File or directory not
found"

And I don't undertand why. I also tried to run some scilab codes in the
examples, but they also doesn't work. Can you help me?

Best regards,

--
Prof. Dr. Alexandre Keiji Tashima
Departamento de Ciencias Exatas e da Terra