Scilab for commercial use?

Daniel Korhonen dko at kth.se
Tue May 18 20:05:05 CEST 2010

Dear Mr. or Ms.

I am an engineering student from Sweden planning a business start-up with a team. For our business idea we would need a program similar to MATLAB since it is too costly for us. We have checked a few possibilities but have decided that scilab would be the best one for our applications since we also need something like Scicos.

The question is if Scilab/Scicos is free for commercial use? In our business we would use Scilab/Scicos as it is but it would interact with a database and/or excel charts.

Best regards,

Daniel Korhonen