Scilab 5.2.2 fails to start on Mac OS 10.6.3

Kay-Uwe Götz kay-uwe.goetz at web.de
Wed May 19 07:13:52 CEST 2010

Am 18.05.10 15:35, schrieb Jeff DuMonthier:
> Neither version works since whatever system update broke it.  I've installed MacOSXUpdCombo10.6.3v1.1 and JavaForMacOSX10.6Update1 in that order, trying Scilab 5.2.1 after each and they made no difference.  Haven't tried using Pacifist to install the obsolete Java 1.5 yet.  I need to fall back to Scilab 5.2.1 anyway.  We use Scilab on Linux (RHEL 5) and 5.2.2 seems to have broken both the terminal and file I/O in our code, and I don't have time right now to debug that.
>
> The outputs from the terminal commands are:
>
>> /usr/libexec/java_home --arch x86_64 --failfast --version 1.6+/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Home
> /System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6.0/Home

I've tried to install Java 1.5.0. Install with Pacifist
worked, but Scilab behaves exactly the same as before.

Sylvestre,
do you have any idea why Scilab works fine on my MacBook
which is also 10.6.3? The install is pretty much the same
since it was installed via migration assistent from the iMac.

The main difference between the two is that the iMac hosts
a large music library and has Airfoil installed. Unfortunately,
I cannot remember whether the problem already ocurred  before
Airfoil was installed.

Regards
Kay-Uwe