[scilab-Users] Stixbox dnorm function - formula error?

Michaël Baudin michael.baudin at scilab.org
Wed Nov 17 16:17:09 CET 2010

  Thank you for your feedback. You are right: there was a lack of
feedback in the demo. I have improved the script, see the new version at :

http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/stixbox/source/tree/master/demos/stixdemo.dem.sce

There were many comments, which are now displayed in the console. More
results are also displayed.

I will release the improved version ASAP on ATOMS.

Best regards,

Michaël

Le 08/11/2010 23:50, Peter.Cusack at csiro.au a écrit :
> Thanks for your response Michaël.
>
> It is a lack of feedback in the demo. After I click and hit enter a number of times, things progress until I get a popup menu of datasets. Double-clicking any one causes a crash:
>
> !--error 4
> Undefined variable: x_message
>
> at line      32 of function getdata called by :
> x = getdata();
> at line     152 of exec file called by :
> object(20);script_path = demo_gui_update();exec(script_path,-1);;if exists("%oldgcbo") then gcbo = %oldgcbo; else clear gcbo; end
> while executing a callback
> at line      27 of function halt called by :
> halt()
> at line      19 of exec file called by :
> object(20);script_path = demo_gui_update();exec(script_path,-1);;if exists("%oldgcbo") then gcbo = %oldgcbo; else clear gcbo; end
> while executing a callback
>
> I see from the TODOs that the demo script will be updated, and that should clarify what to do to make the demo progress. A short term fix would be to add a meaningful prompt. Even "Press Enter." is more helpful than "-->"
>
> Cheers;
>
> Peter.
>
>>    Hi Peter,
>>
>> I guess that you missed the message in the console :
>>
>> " When paused with -->halt() enter return key to continue"
>>
>> If I guessed well, we are done. But I admit that the demo itself is a
>> fast hack. It should instead display a listbox and let the user choose
>> from one of the several distribution functions which are available.
>>
>> If I guessed wrong, let me know the exact version of Scilab that you use
>> and the OS where it runs.
>>
>> Best regards,
>>
>> Michaël Baudin
>>
>> PS
>> See the TODOs in :
>> http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/stixbox/source/tree/master/readme.tx

Michaël Baudin
Ingénieur de développement
michael.baudin at scilab.org
Consortium Scilab - Digiteo
Domaine de Voluceau - Rocquencourt
B.P. 105 - 78153 Le Chesnay Cedex
Tel. : 01 39 63 56 87 - Fax : 01 39 63 55 94