[scilab-Users] Stixbox dnorm function - formula error?

Peter.Cusack at csiro.au Peter.Cusack at csiro.au
Mon Nov 8 23:50:35 CET 2010

Thanks for your response Michaël.

It is a lack of feedback in the demo. After I click and hit enter a number of times, things progress until I get a popup menu of datasets. Double-clicking any one causes a crash:

!--error 4
Undefined variable: x_message

at line      32 of function getdata called by :
x = getdata();
at line     152 of exec file called by :
object(20);script_path = demo_gui_update();exec(script_path,-1);;if exists("%oldgcbo") then gcbo = %oldgcbo; else clear gcbo; end
while executing a callback
at line      27 of function halt called by :
halt()
at line      19 of exec file called by :
object(20);script_path = demo_gui_update();exec(script_path,-1);;if exists("%oldgcbo") then gcbo = %oldgcbo; else clear gcbo; end
while executing a callback

I see from the TODOs that the demo script will be updated, and that should clarify what to do to make the demo progress. A short term fix would be to add a meaningful prompt. Even "Press Enter." is more helpful than "-->"

Cheers;

Peter.