[scilab-Users] Re: cannot get any Scilab 5.x version starting on my Intel iMac

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab.org
Thu Nov 18 10:56:25 CET 2010

Le jeudi 18 novembre 2010 à 09:51 +0000, Heinz Nabielek a écrit :
> Sylvestre Ledru <sylvestre.ledru at ...> writes:
>

> Hello,
>
> Le mercredi 17 novembre 2010 à 20:37 +0000, Heinz Nabielek a écrit :
> SciLab and Mac friends:
> I cannot get any Scilab 5.x version starting on my Intel iMac 10.6.5.
> A Scilab 5.2 beta version had  worked at one time, but not any more.
> Starting error messages are shown below.
> Help greatly appreciated. Heinz..................
>
> We are aware of the recurring issues under Mac OS X. ............
> I heard that if you go in the Java Preferences menu on
> your system andyou change the order of the JVM, it might fix your problem.
>
> Sylvestre
>

> I can see "Java Preferences now shows all discovered JVMs
> in a single list in the General tab".
>
> But, sorry, where do I find and change Java Preferences?
In the finder, search for an application called "Java Preferences" (in
French, it is "Préférences Java").
You will see some implementations of Java.
Drag and drop the 1.6 64 bits on the top.

It is my personal opinion but I found the way Apple is managing various
JVMs pretty bad. We are working on tackling these issues from Scilab but
since they are changing things regularly, it is hard to keep track...

Sylvestre
PS: When you reply, please configure your mailer to add the ">". Thanks