[scilab-Users] Re: cannot get any Scilab 5.x version starting on my Intel iMac

Jeff DuMonthier jjdmon at pobox.com
Wed Nov 24 23:15:46 CET 2010

I've tried this and the 64 bit 1.6 is already at the top.

Previous versions have hung.  The Scilab icon changes to a generic Java icon after a few bounces and that's it until I kill it.  I just tried the 5.3.0-beta-5 and that version crashes instead of hangs.  I'm not sure if that's in improvement or not.  Maybe, because at least I got an error message in the crash report which was this:

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  1

Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: _libiconv_open
  Referenced from: /Users/jeff/Applications/scilab-5.3.0-beta-5.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/thirdparty//libintl.3.dylib
  Expected in: /Users/jeff/Applications/scilab-5.3.0-beta-5.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/thirdparty//libiconv.2.dylib