JOGL & SciLab Problems

Tyrel Beede tybeede at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 22:16:10 CET 2010

Hey Guys,

  I just spent the last hour googling around and reading anything I could
find to help diagnose my problem with SciLab.  I don't think it is a bug.
The problem seems to be related to JOGL.  I've installed a fresh copy of
SciLab 5.2.2 x64 to match my x64 Windows 7 install.  Everything works great
with SciLab until I try to issue a "plot(x,y)" command at which point SciLab
crashes.  Even something simple like this causes problems

x = 0 : 0.1 : 10
y = sin(x)
plot(x,y);

I've tried all the different usecanvas(%T) tricks I can find.  Then I
noticed in some of the bug reports the developers were asking people to
check the JOGL demo programs and verify that JOGL is working.  I went to the
JOGL site and tried the gears demo and sure enough the gears demo crashes
out.  It seems like JOGL isn't installed or it can't be found.

In short,

1.  Are the JOGL binaries installed with SciLab?

2.  Is there a path issue that might be causing them to be hidden?

Thanks,
Ty