still having problems with Xcos

Jan Laarhuis jan.laarhuis at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 17:44:38 CEST 2010

Dear all,

a couple of months ago I posted to this list that I was having problems running Xcos demos. The response was that I should install a C-compiler from the Xcode toolbox. I did install the software, but the problems remained. For example, a simple Xcos demo about an RLC electrical circuit doesn't run but gives the following message:

Startup execution:
 --------------------------------------------\
 Main Modelica : /var/folders/Ch/ChPAbkZsEPGXBdbKBDIf4++++TI/-Tmp-//SCI_TMP_225_mxb1zN/RLC_Modelica_im.mo

 Flat Modelica : /var/folders/Ch/ChPAbkZsEPGXBdbKBDIf4++++TI/-Tmp-//SCI_TMP_225_mxb1zN/RLC_Modelica_imf.mo
 Simulation C code :/var/folders/Ch/ChPAbkZsEPGXBdbKBDIf4++++TI/-Tmp-//SCI_TMP_225_mxb1zN/RLC_Modelica_im.c
   Generate a loader file
   Generate a Makefile
   ilib_gen_Make: configure : Generate Makefile.
 configure: error: in `/Applications/scilab-5.3.0-beta-4.app/Contents/MacOS/share/scilab/modules/dynamic_link/src/scripts':
!sorry compiling problem                      !
!ilib_gen_Make: An error occurred during the d!
!     etection of the compiler(s). Set ilib_ve!
!     rbose(2) for more information.          !

Can any of you advice me what to do? I have the latest MacBook running SL.

Thanks in anticipation.

Regards, Jan