[Scilab-Users] Sciscipy interface and link to Salome \ YACS for optimization studies

Pierre JUILLARD pierre.juillard at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 07:49:55 CEST 2010

Hi to all,

Please, may I know the status of the Sciscipy interface (
http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/sciscipy/) in Scilab 5.2.2 (the latest
stable release)?
Is it ok for use?
Are there some "improvements" or bug fixes in Scilab 5.3 on this interface?
I would actually like to know if it is recommended to wait for the Scilab
5.3 to use this interface?

Also, I would like to know if someone already tried to call Scilab using
Sciscipy from a Salome \ YACS schema?
Creating an inline python script in a YACS schema is illustrated here (
http://docs.salome-platform.org/salome_5_1_4/yacs/user/scratch.html) or
linking a python algorithm for the "OptimizerLoop" here (
http://docs.salome-platform.org/salome_5_1_4/yacs/user/optimizer.html), but
I guess thtat there will be some environment variables to setup for Salome,
as it has its own embedded python interpreter.
The aim is finally to be ale to use optimization algorithms from Scilab in
Salome \ YACS schema.

I thank you in advance for any advices or feedbacks.

Bests,

Pierre