[scilab-Users] scilab automatically close after excuting plot

Mathieu Dubois mathieu.dubois at limsi.fr
Thu Sep 9 11:55:39 CEST 2010

  Hello,
On 09/08/2010 03:42 AM, 孙月 wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to plot 200 points in scilab and excuted the following codes 10
> times continuously.
>
> u=mopen('0r.dat');
> [n a b]=mfscanf(-1,u,'%s %e');
> mclose(u);
> c=matrix(b,2,200);
> u=mopen('0.dat');
> [n a b]=mfscanf(-1,u,'%s %e');
> mclose(u);
> d=matrix(b,2,200);
> plot(d(1,:),d(2,:)./c(2,:));
>
> The figure is printed correctly every time. However, after I leave
> this software alone for about 2 hours, when I retype this code again,
> scilab automatically close after excuting plot.
>
> I tried to remove the software and install it again. It solved the
> problem at the first time, but after I excute the codes again. the
> problem happened again. I decided to reinstall scilab the second time.
> but this time the problem is not solved.
>
> WHY?
Your problem looks like a crash. If it is the case you may find a log
file (under linux the name is something like hs_err_pidXXXXX.log).
> How can I fix it?
I don't think that reinstalling the software will improve the situation.

Problems with plot are often related to graphics issue. Have a look at
http://wiki.scilab.org/Graphical_issues_with_Scilab_5.0. There was a lot
of messages on similar issues so you may have a look at the mailing
lists archives...

Another possibility is that you run out of memory (because you launch
the code several times). In this case you should try to delete variables
that are no longer needed.

Sorry I cannot help you much,
Mathieu