[scilab-Users] Question about dependencies in Atoms modules

Pierre MARECHAL pierre.marechal at scilab.org
Mon Sep 27 15:24:32 CEST 2010

  Hi Stéphane,

Le 24/09/2010 14:41, Stéphane Mottelet a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> how does one deal with dependencies betwen atoms modules ? I saw that
> when a module is submitted on the portal, you can precise that your
> module
> needs a particular version of another module. I would like to know  :
> 1 - When a dependency is needed and not installed, is it installed
> automatically ?

Yes, for example, fmincon that depends on Sci-IPOpt

-->atomsSetConfig('Verbose','True');

-->atomsInstall fmincon;
     fmincon (0.1) will be installed in the 'allusers' section
     sci_ipopt (0.1) will be installed in the 'allusers' section
     Installing fmincon (0.1) ... success
     Installing sci_ipopt (0.1) ... success

-->atomsRemove fmincon
     fmincon (0.1) will be removed from the 'allusers' section
     sci_ipopt (0.1) will be removed from the 'allusers' section
     Removing fmincon (0.1)(allusers) ...  success
     Removing sci_ipopt (0.1)(allusers) ...  success

> 2 - Are the behavior of Atoms Gui and atomsInstall command the same ?
AtomsGui only uses Atoms command line functions. So yes.

> Is there
> a place/file to precise dependencies manually (not via the ATOMS
> portal) in
> the built package (in order to make some tests with a local repository).

To test a local package that depends on others, just load them in your
.scilab,

exec("dependency1/loader.sce")
exec("dependency2/loader.sce")

> Thanks for help