newbie question-probably an easy answer!

bazcor bazcor at metronet.co.uk
Thu Aug 11 15:50:12 CEST 2011

Thanks again for that, I copied the stdevf.sci to
/usr/share/scilab/modules/statistics/macros and the result was the same, a
zero result.

It works for a matrix of 2 rows or more "stddevf(b,fre,'c')" and for the
inverted single column matrices that you suggested.

I will use the inverted matrices as a work around for now, and hope someone
comes up with a cure in time.

PS my version of Scilab is 5.3 and running on 64bit mint11 linux.

Many thanks again for your help it is really appreciated.

Barry