[scilab-Users] Scilab 5.3.3 and Ubuntu 11.10

Sylvestre Ledru sylvestre.ledru at scilab-enterprises.com
Wed Dec 28 11:42:04 CET 2011

Le mardi 27 décembre 2011 à 19:09 -0800, Reinaldo a écrit :
> Hi Sylvestre,
>

> I installed Scilab 5.3.3 for linux. I clicked on:
>
> ? -> Scilab Demonstrations -> {It is empty. There is no examples.}
>

> while Scilab 5.3.1 for windows there are a lot of examples implemented
> in that folder "Scilab Demonstrations".

Here might be a bug in the ubuntu package but until then, you can
download it here:
http://www.scilab.org/products/scilab/download

> In regard to "Scilab CLI and Scilab Advanced CLI", do you think that
> it is important to install them ?
They comes with the package scilab. Scilab binary is using elements from
cli & adv-cli. It is just a few kb more.

> In Windows 7, I use just one Scilab distribution: "Scilab". I don't
> know Scilab CLI and Scilab Advanced CLI.
It is because philosophy behind Windows and Linux packaging are quite
different but Windows version of Scilab has the same feature.
(scilex)

Sylvestre Ledru
Projects manager
Community manager