[scilab-Users] RE : [scilab-Users] Plotting to file wihtout graphical window

Antoine Monmayrant antoine.monmayrant at laas.fr
Fri Feb 11 11:00:17 CET 2011

Le 11/02/2011 09:42, Calmon Martin a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Figures can be used in buffer mode... It's ruled by the pixmap property: i.e.for a figure f, the figure is only in memory if f.pixmap="on". In this way, batch can be run in the background without interfering with other work.
>
> And if you need to check what is on the figure: show_pixmap().
OK, thanks for this information, I didn't know that.
But I think it only solves part of the problem as I still need to create
at least one graphic window.
Using pixmap='on', I can easily reuse the same window for all my plots
and I think I can get things faster.
But I cannot do batch plotting on a station without X server...

Thanks anyway,

Antoine