[scilab-Users] Academic question

Michaël Baudin michael.baudin at scilab.org
Wed Jan 26 08:16:25 CET 2011

Hi,

Le 25/01/2011 20:26, Nicolas FEZANS a écrit :
> you may let Scilab approximate them
> numerically thanks to the "NDcost" function.

I do not suggest to use NDcost, which should not have been integrated
into Scilab anyway.

Indeed, this macro has only 2 lines where the first one calls f, and the
second one calls derivative. We can customize the cost function directly
ourselves, which has the major advantage of being able to fully
customize the options of the derivative function. Moreover, we can use
the full potential of the printing options provided by the optim
function, which is not possible with NDcost.

Best regards,

Michaël Baudin

--
Michaël Baudin
Ingénieur de développement
michael.baudin at scilab.org
Consortium Scilab - Digiteo
Domaine de Voluceau - Rocquencourt
B.P. 105 - 78153 Le Chesnay Cedex
Tel. : 01 39 63 56 87 - Fax : 01 39 63 55 94