[scilab-Users] Academic question

Nicolas FEZANS nicolas.fezans at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 15:19:00 CET 2011

Hi!

Well I agree that NDcost is not very optimal and we could do better...
but I would not remove it from Scilab because it is just extremely
simple for the user to call optim(NDcost(... )) and works quite good
for easy optimization problems. Part of the philosophy behind software
like scilab or matlab is to provide very simple tools for engineers,
and to give them the possibility to go a lot further if required. So I
would simply let the users choose whether they want to use NDcost or
not and possibly give them enough information in the documentation in
order them to make the right choice.
Note that I am of course talking here about the functionality provided
by NDcost, not about the way it is implemented presently.

Nicolas