[scilab-Users] Scilab and GPU general programming

Cédric Delamarre cedric.delamarre at scilab.org
Mon Jul 4 09:38:40 CEST 2011

Le lundi 04 juillet 2011 à 06:16 +0800, Berns Buenaobra a écrit :
> Hello:
>
> This maybe asking to much but I would like to inquire anyway from the
> developers. Is this is a direction or a future route to make a jacket
> of Scilab to GPU? If at all 1000s of threads in 100s core NVIDIA
> graphics hardware would help in rocket boosting simulation speed and
> computations in Scilab. For the basics of GPU computating see for
> example: http://www.nvidia.com/object/GPU_Computing.html
>
> Just a thought and inquiry of course.
>
> Regards,
>
> Berns B.
> University of San Carlos Dept. of Physics (Philippines)
> Medical Biophysics Research Group

Hello,

Scilab has a toolbox which provides some functions to compute a kernel
on the GPU.
To use this toolbox, make sure that your GPU is an Nvidia card and has
double capability.
You need to compile the toolbox before use it.

Sources of toolbox sciGPGPU :
http://forge.scilab.org/index.php/p/sciCuda/

If you have any question dont hesitate to email me.

Regards,

--
Cédric DELAMARRE