output format of the timer() function

Perrouin Vincent Vincent.Perrouin at cemagref.fr
Mon Jul 4 10:06:56 CEST 2011

Hi,

I'm using the timer() function on scilab 3..1 and I want to know in
which format is the output of this function. In fact on the help page it
is written "Returns the CPU time since the preceding call to timer()."
and "CPU time is the number of processor cycles used for a computation".
In understood this function is a tool to compare CPU usage between
different programs and it is not equivalent to real-wolrd time, but what
is the unit of measure : second ? millisecond? Number of cycle, in this
case shall we multiply it by the frequency of processor ?

Thank you for your answer,

Vincent P.