[scilab-Users] SEP 68

Samuel GOUGEON Samuel.Gougeon at univ-lemans.fr
Tue Jul 12 15:20:45 CEST 2011

  Hello Calixte,

Thank you for this new useful component within the Scilab IDE.

Here are some comments about the proposal.

* About actions on right click :
   - It would be nice to be able to open scripts or text files within an alternative
     external editor (gedit, ultraedit, notepad++, etc). This would require to be
     able to declare this editor as an IDE parameter.

   - IMO, an action on right click would be preferable to set the CWD than
     double-clicking on it, because AFAIK double-clicking is most always
     used to open/unfold the dir. I agree that here there is a heading tip
     to fold/unfold. But double-click should do the same.
     By the way : There is already an icon in the console toolbar for setting
     the CWD. Do you plan to keep it? Or why adding CWD through the file
     browser, since the console is always opened and already proposes this action?

  - Add "Setting the current SciNotes directory" (that is not already proposed
    through the console)

- delete action : Do you plan to always put the file(s) to the (or a)  trash, or
is it
   a plateform/OS dependent action?

* Other actions :
  - It would be handy that all actions on Scilab files (.scg, .xcos, etc) to be also
    possible by drag and drop from the browser to the console, and from the Scilab
    interface (console, figure, xcos...) to a directory (default filenaming rule
to be set)
  - What about creating a new dir?
  - What about moving a file or a set of files from a dir to an other one?
  - Would other extension-specific actions defined by the OS be active (by
double-clicking)?

* Other questions & comments
   - Multiple selection (range of files or file by file) : Would it be possible,
before right-clicking?
   - Would it be possible to resize the widths of columns?
   - i would prefer sorting file names to not be case sensitive
   - on the included screenshot example, what does occur when the path-bar is
unfolded?

Hoping reading you and other users soon

Best regards
Samuel