[scilab-Users] SEP 68

Calixte Denizet calixte.denizet at scilab.org
Mon Jul 18 11:05:32 CEST 2011

On 12/07/2011 15:20, Samuel GOUGEON wrote:
>  Hello Calixte,

Hi Samuel,

> Thank you for this new useful component within the Scilab IDE.
>
> Here are some comments about the proposal.
>
> * About actions on right click :
>   - It would be nice to be able to open scripts or text files within
> an alternative
>     external editor (gedit, ultraedit, notepad++, etc). This would
> require to be
>     able to declare this editor as an IDE parameter.

I'll propose this alternative when we'll have the Preference system.

>   - IMO, an action on right click would be preferable to set the CWD than
>     double-clicking on it, because AFAIK double-clicking is most always
>     used to open/unfold the dir. I agree that here there is a heading tip
>     to fold/unfold. But double-click should do the same.

When you double-click on the folder foo it is equivalent to a 'cd foo'
and a single-click to expand/collapse. It should have different actions
for different way to click, is not it ?

>     By the way : There is already an icon in the console toolbar for
> setting
>     the CWD. Do you plan to keep it? Or why adding CWD through the file
>     browser, since the console is always opened and already proposes
> this action?

I don't know for the moment, if we'll keep the button to set the cwd.

>  - Add "Setting the current SciNotes directory" (that is not already
> proposed
>    through the console)

Good idea (on right click)

> - delete action : Do you plan to always put the file(s) to the (or a)
> trash, or is it
>   a plateform/OS dependent action?

Unfortunatelly, there is no standard way to put file in the trash in
using java. So maybe we could do it
for Windows OS but probably no under GNU/Linux oses.

> * Other actions :
>  - It would be handy that all actions on Scilab files (.scg, .xcos,
> etc) to be also
>    possible by drag and drop from the browser to the console, and from
> the Scilab
>    interface (console, figure, xcos...) to a directory (default
> filenaming rule to be set)
>  - What about creating a new dir?
>  - What about moving a file or a set of files from a dir to an other one?
>  - Would other extension-specific actions defined by the OS be active
> (by double-clicking)?

Why not.

> * Other questions & comments
>   - Multiple selection (range of files or file by file) : Would it be
> possible, before right-clicking?

Yes

>   - Would it be possible to resize the widths of columns?
Yes

>   - i would prefer sorting file names to not be case sensitive

You're right, Windows is case insensitive... I'll add an option.

>   - on the included screenshot example, what does occur when the
> path-bar is unfolded?

The path bar is just used to enter a path and to show available
sub-directories.

> Hoping reading you and other users soon
>
> Best regards

Regards,