Interactive Plots/Data Visualisation (3D with 2D Slices)

Petar Knezevich petar.knezevich at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 09:17:25 CEST 2011

Hello everyone,

Is there a visual toolkit for building interactive plots? If not, can
someone with knowledge contact me? I would like to see if I can adapt
existing methods or develop something.

An example of what I am doing:

Data (real historical data) is of pressure & flow along a pipeline at
various locations. I can get the time series at various sample rates
(per second, per minute, per hour).  I have built plots that allow the
user to view the hydraulic profile of the pipeline (pressure head and
elevation head vs distance along pipeline (kilometre point)) and I
have plots that allow the user to view the trend data at specific
locations. The data is currently in excel 2003 and I have built
interactive interface with named arrays and slider bars.

I would like to build a similar interface in Scilab because then I
will have much more capability for data analysis working in Scilab.

I attached a sample spreadsheet with two months data, 550 KB
compressed (zip).  I have other files with 16 months and 4 years of
data.  When I get into the multi-year data I get to see the seasonal
trends along with the daily trends.

Regards,
Petar Knezevich