Scilab 5.3.1 and MAC OS X

dickwalvis Dick at santacruzwireless.com
Sun Mar 20 01:03:56 CET 2011

Good morning

I am new to Scilab. I have been able to install Scilab 5.3.1 on a windows
PC.
On the MAC (10.6.6) Scilab 5.3.1 appears to install correctly.
However, when I type TCL_EvalStr("set  "), it returns with
Undefined variable: TCL_EvalStr

When I check which demos are installed, I don't see Tcl/Tk.

(I understand that TCL is necessary for the "connect" module).

I did read that there was no Tcl/Tk capability for some earlier Scilab
versions (5.1 ?) however the release notes for Scilab 5.3.1 say that all
portability issues of Scilab under MAC OS X should be fixed.

My question is if Scilab is expected to see Tcl/Tk when installed on the
MAC.

If so, would any one have some pointers where I can get information?

Thank you

Dick Walvis