cpp function in sci_gateway

Svetoslav svetlio.hacky at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 14:05:32 CEST 2011

hello, I was writing function char* net_gethostbyname(char* name) which
returns string of IP of the searching host name. For example
net_gethostbyname("example.com") ->returns 1.2.3.4
But when I start to write the sci_net_gethostbyname.cxx file I have some
problems. I am not sure how to call the function to do its work. I was
reading the documentation and I was thinking that I must include in the
begging of the document: extern char* net_gethostbyname.... and after that I
will could use the function.
I done this and when I do exec builder.sce of the module it finished OK, but
error came up in the loader.sce "undefined symbol: net_gethostbyname".
So could use someone give me a hint where I am wrong or what to read to
understand how to write it correctly.
Thanks!