[scilab-Users] Problem with scilab 5.3.3 and graphics

Yann COLLETTE ycollette.nospam at free.fr
Wed Nov 2 15:03:31 CET 2011

Le 02/11/2011 10:46, Yann COLLETTE a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am under mandriva 2011 + I have updated my nvidia driver to the
> latest version.
> When I launch a graphic, nothing is displayed and a strange error
> message is printed in the bash console:
>
> Maximum number of clients reachedMaximum number of clients
> reachedMaximum number of clients reachedAn error occurred when Scilab
> tried to open a Canvas: Unable to open default display, needed for
> visual selection and offscreen surface handling
> If an exception about java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError has been thrown,
> check if etc/librarypath.xml contains the path to gluegen and jogl
> libraries
>
> I use the scilab shipped by mandriva. I've got the same behavior with
> scilab-5.3.3 64 bits downloaded from the website.
>
> Best regards,
>
> YC

Argghh !

It's a problem related to Xorg / KDE / Gnome.
With some versions of KDE, many ports are opened. And Xorg can only
manage a maximum amount of opened ports (256).
I switched to XFCE for now until a patched version of KDE is released.

Some similar problems have been reported with firefox and thunderbirds
(with some specific plugins).

YC