[scilab-Users] what is the advantage of scilab compared to matlab

Manjusha Joshi manjusha.joshi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 09:51:16 CET 2011

 Hello Saikiran,

Myself Saikiran, a research scholar, IIT Kanpur, India. Last week I
> attended an interview. They put up a question that why you shifted to
> scilab from matlab.
> I simply told them that scilab is open source and matlab is closed source.
> They told that is not the right answer and hence i am not selected in the
> interview.
> So please could u guys tell me, what are other major advantages of scilab
> over matlab.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Saikiran
> IIT Kanpur

Since Scilab is open source software, one can use the source code and
modify it accordingly requirement of the project or research for personal
use or commercial use.

People can contribute toolboxes  to Scilab, that way Scilab is growing like
anything.

However, the people who do not have idea about openness of the  Open source
software may not appreciate it!

It is good to have job with Open  minded people instead!  ;-)

--
Manjusha S. Joshi
Pune | India