[scilab-Users] what is the advantage of scilab compared to matlab

Pedro Ledoux p_ledoux at yahoo.com.br
Fri Nov 11 01:39:48 CET 2011

WHen I woeked with project of filtering circuits one very interesting advantage I found
in scilab was in the manipulation of polynomials in theis transfer function. Look that

s=poly(0,'s')
n=s-1
d=s^2+2*s+5

h=n/d

In filtering projects, is possible to project any filter from a low pass one transforming
the variable in the polinomial. Look that

w=poly(0,'w')
s=2/w
 now type again
n=s-1
d=s^2+2*s+5

h=n/d

Voila! The transformed transfer function