AW: [scilab-Users] saisonality in time series

Schreckenbach Stephan s.schreckenbach at truma.com
Fri Nov 18 09:09:00 CET 2011

Hi,

sorry, of course I meant seasonality.

The time series consists of longer term trends, short term noise and
short time seasonality.

oscillations / seasonality, if any, it is most likely to be nonharmonic.
I look for distinct frequencies.

When I did a FFT plot of the original time series there was noise only
in the spectrum.

I will give it a run with the differenciated series / the log of the
data.

There is still the question how to test for significance of the found
seasonality.

Stephan