[scilab-Users] path

Serge Steer serge.steer at inria.fr
Wed Oct 12 22:01:26 CEST 2011

----- Mail original -----

for this point there is a solution  based on an undocumented feature
if the %onprompt function is defined it is automatically called just after the main prompt is displayed.

Try
function %onprompt(),mprintf("hello\n"),endfunction

Using this function it is possible to implement a Matlab like mechanism (I have developped it, but the code is corrently located on my computer at work which is down due to a disk problem.
If you need it  I can send it to you when my desktop problem will be fixed.
It is not very hard

Define a global variable PATHS that contains a string vector of paths
for each path, use lstfiles to get the sci files, using newest determines which requires to be reloaded, exec these one inside a try.

Using who("get") at the beginning and at the end of the process allows to know which are the refined functions. Finally a resume with the names of redefined functions as lhs and rhs finishes the job.

Note however this  works for functions and not for scripts.

Serge

Serge
> - Aliases: is there a way to define an alias to a function? for
> example,
> alias ("doc", help)
>
> There is newfun/funptr combination to do this, but I wonder if
> something simple like the above, for all types of functions, are
> available.

The Samuel's answer is perfect.