[scilab-Users] path

Adrien Vogt-Schilb vogt at centre-cired.fr
Thu Oct 13 12:57:51 CEST 2011

On 12/10/2011 20:09, Ricardo Fabbri wrote:
> Hello, all,
>
> - Is there anything like a search PATH setting? For instance, I would
> like to execute myscript.sce, but without specifying its full path. I
> would also like to load a function automatically if it is in the path,
> more or less matlab style.

hi ridacrdo

did you check the following scilab functions?
cd : changes current path
getd : loads functions quite automatically

and also:
get_absolute_file_path:    get the file pah of a current opened file

myself, i frequently start my sce files with:

modeldir = get_absolute_file_path("myfile.sce")
getd(modeldir)  //or getd(modeldir+filesep()+"lib") when i have a lot of
functions, i put them in a subfolder named "lib"
cd(modeldir)

hope this helps

--
Adrien Vogt-Schilb (Cired)