Scilab 5.3.3 on Win 7, "File, Open a File" fails

Chtidio chtidio at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 15:18:21 CEST 2011

Installed the latest version without any problems and seems to operate fine.
However, when I access the "File, Open a File" or the "File, Change Current
Directory" menu commands, the program just shuts down.  No Warning, no
error, it just goes away and I have to restart it.

The behavior is exhibited when I try to save any script I create with the
editor.