SciNote - SciBook???

omorr omorr at uns.ac.rs
Wed Sep 7 14:31:48 CEST 2011

Hello all,

I was just wondering about the folowing functionality using Scilab.
An average user will type some commands in console, see the results in it,
make some plots, open some scripts in SciNote, execute some command from it
etc. Sooner or later, there will be opened many windows and there would be a
bit confusing to manage all of them.

My question is - Is there any way to use Scilab in a fashion like SciBook
functionality? What do I mean by that. Just to have the ability, say in
SciNote window, the result of a command to be just below that window - and
parsed to the console at the same time. The result of the plot command to be
just below that command - and parsed to the plot window at the same time. In
this way we will have the entire document in the same window-file. We might
edit and/or reexecute commands or entire documet etc. Some similar
functionality has Maple or Mathematica but I do not know if such things
exists in Scilab or Matlab-like software. This kind of functionality I've
seen only on this Matlab-like software
http://euler.rene-grothmann.de/index.html EuMathT  . I do not know if there
exist anything similar in Matlab-like world. If it does, just let me know
please.

I hope I made myself understood.

Regards,
Radovan