SCI variable has probable wrong value

wynn h. winkler wwink2 at mindspring.com
Sat Apr 7 19:53:17 CEST 2012

Scilab-5.3.3 under XP/SP2

from the console SCI has the value
  C:/PROGRAM~1/SCILAB~1.3

which does not exist. I cannot change this variable from the console -
the error message says it is permanent. It is used in several start-up
config type files and may be part of the problem I am having with
the ATOMS interface. I have not found where it is set in the config
files. Several other variables such as SCIHOME and WSCI have
correct values.

Also, SCILAB contains its own Java JRE - are all calls to this
internal to scilab or could they conflict with other versions of the
jre on my system.

Thanks for any info.