Can't get simulations with CLOCK_c to work as expected in Xcos

Ivan Reche ivan.reche at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 16:45:32 CEST 2012

I'm beginning to use Scilab and Xcos for my projects but I can't seem to
understand some stuff about Xcos.

For example: the block CLOCK_c is supposed to generate a clock of
activation events. I understand that. However, I would like to see a common
Sinusoid simulation in real time. I would like to see it being plotted with
the correct timing in the X axis (using a CSCOPE block).

I can accomplish this with a big *Period* in the *CLOCK_c* attributes (like
1 or 0.1) and configuring the *Real time scaling* attribute of the
simulation to *1*. But if I lower it to some degree (like 0.01), I begin to
get simulations that are *slower* than real time.

I thought that the simulation time wouldn't be affected by some block's
generated clock, but I guess I'm doing it the wrong way. I just wanted to
sample the Sinusoid really fast, but without loosing real time behavior.
What am I missing here?