Exporting graphics: black square in vector formats

stouzeau Suzanne.Touzeau at jouy.inra.fr
Tue Apr 10 20:07:06 CEST 2012

Scilab-5.3.3
Ubuntu 11.10 (couldn't plot at first but installed libgl1-mesa-swx11 instead
of libgl1-mesa-glx, as recommended, which fixed the bug)

When I export graphics in vector formats (pdf, eps, svg), a full black
square is added in the bottom-left corner of the figure. It doesn't happen
with the other image formats.

When I export graphics in Xfig format, the black square is present and can
be deleted (it is composed of many filled polylines). However, all letters
and numbers are transformed in polylines!

Has anyone experienced and hopefully solved this problem? Any ideas on how
to proceed to obtain clean exported graphics?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.