GUI Creation -- use of guimaker or uicontrol

CraigD craig at fasortronics.com
Wed Apr 18 17:50:03 CEST 2012

Thought I would update my post with new information that I found.  Looking in
the how to/guicontrol Documentation section (I've looked there before but
what I read before was probably beyond my understanding at the time) and
reading through the "Creating Dialogs with uicontrol" FAQ's section, I see
that it may not be possible to add an editable list of values to the
graphics window.  Evidently, you can add frames, text, sliders, buttons --
but you cannot "list" a variable and ask the user to edit its value?

If anyone has an interest, I would like to open a discussion regarding this
question and the GUI creation in general.

Does anyone have experience trying to use Qt Creator for GUI creation with
Scilab?  I have it installed on my Lion MacBookPro and might give it a try.

I am using Scilab 5.4-alpha on a MacBookPro_v2.1 using Lion 10.7.3.  I have
the March 2012 Xcode installed as well as MacPorts with Octave, Maxima, and
others.

Craig