[scilab-Users] Scilab Graphic Branch getenv() function

Mathieu Dubois mathieu.dubois at limsi.fr
Fri Apr 27 08:57:05 CEST 2012

Hello,

I can tell you it works at home from a shell:
mathieu at fromzewood:~$ echo $ADA_INCLUDE_PATH
/home/mathieu/adainclude
mathieu at fromzewood:~$ scilab -nwni
[...]
--> getenv("ADA_INCLUDE_PATH")
  ans  =

  /home/mathieu/adainclude

If you launch scilab from your desktop (not from a shell) I think you
have to edit ~/.xessionrc (this file is executed when you login from
X-window) logout and re-login.

As an example here is my .xsessionrc:
mathieu at fromzewood:~$ more .xsessionrc
export ADA_INCLUDE_PATH=~/adainclude
export ADA_OBJECTS_PATH=~/adalib

HTH,
Mathieu (@fromzewood)